personal injury settlements utilize some sort of formula to calculate the damages you
are due, and these formulas generally utilize a multiplier to determine
your damages. Multipliers are connected to the amount of pain you have suffered.
Variables in your accident which may indicate a higher multiplier will
be used include:
- Broken bones, head injury, joint injury, wounding, vertebrae injury, nerve
- Medical expenses primarily needed for treatment
- Long recovery period anticipated
- Prescription medication for the injury
- Medical treatment by a doctor, clinic, or hospital
- Permanent injury such as scarring, stiffness, weakness, or loss of mobility
- Physical or emotional distress from the injury
Other injuries can mean a lower multiplier is used such as soft tissue
damages as in a sprain or bruise, or if a short recovery period is expected.
Other factors which could affect the amount of compensation you may be
eligible to recover include:
share fault for the accident
- Witnesses who can strengthen you case
- Your organization and patience with the claims and settlement process
skilled attorney on your side can make all the difference in how your claim is presented and how much
compensation you can be eligible for.
Speak with our Atlanta personal injury lawyer—
call Henningsen Injury Attorney, P.C. right away!
Free consultations offered.