Road Rash Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
If you’ve ever been in a motorcycle accident, there is a good chance that you’ve experienced road rash, a burn/skin abrasion that can be extremely painful because of the number of nerve endings that are exposed. In severe cases, the depth of the road rash can cause damage to nerve cells.
If you were recently in a motorcycle accident and parts of your skin were scraped off (road rash), we urge you to contact an Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer from Henningsen Injury Attorneys, P.C.
What Kind of Compensation Can You Receive?
Even though motorcycles are much smaller than cars and trucks, it doesn’t mean that other drivers are any less responsible in the event they don’t see you and cause you to get hurt.
- Medical bills
- Damage to your motorcycle
- Pain & suffering
- Loss of income
- Loss of future income
- Other related damages
Tips for Treating Road Rash
Road rash occurs when a patch of skin has been scraped off, and it can be very painful. If you don’t feel anything, including pain, the road rash may have damaged your nerve cells. Still, the skin around the edges of the road rash will be extremely painful.
What to do if you experience road rash:
- Seek treatment for life threatening injuries first. While road rash is scary to look at, it is not life-threatening.
- Stop the bleeding – road rash usually oozes as opposed to gushing blood. A little pressure with a bandage or clean cloth should do the trick.
- Rinse the affected area with soapy water to help get all of the dirt and debris out of the wound. Soaking the wound in soapy water may help get rid of the debris, but you may still need to gently brush stubborn debris out.
- If you cannot get the debris out, you should have a medical professional assist in this process.
- Once you’re done cleaning, cover the wound by wrapping it in gauze, but don’t use antibiotic ointment.
Injured? Contact Our Atlanta Motorcycle Accidents
If you experienced road rash, or another motorcycle accident injury, there are excellent reasons to hire our firm, some of which include membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, a 9.9 Superb Avvo Rating, and selection for inclusion in Georgia’s Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠.